Who are we?
ROSHMED HOSPITAL INVESTMENT LTD’s (“ROSHMED’s”) inception in 1991 began with ROSHGOLD’S vision of
their social commitment to ease the burden of high medical costs for individuals.
ROSHMED is a hospital investment savings plan designed for your family’s well being. It is not a medical aid fund
but a collective investment fund based on Islamic values.
Whilst private healthcare is becoming unaffordable and state healthcare is rapidly deteriorating in infrastructure and poor quality service, ROSHMED provides a suitable alternative to meet the hospitalisation needs of individuals.
ROSHMED takes care of members by allowing a withdrawal of a member’s investment in order to cover prescribed hospitalisation costs.
Over the years ROSHMED has carefully built it’s core membership base and financial assets. ROSHMED’s stability is ensured through:
• Risk management with membership screening and pre-existing ailments
• Minimising loss through misrepresentation, falsification and collusion
• Investing surplus funds ensuring liquidity and solvency
• Providing members with the highest levels of hospital care
• Fiscal discipline and control
HOW ROSHMED WORKS FOR YOU
1. You as a member contribute a monthly premium to ROSHMED HOSPITAL INVESTMENT LTD.
2. 80% of a member’s monthly contribution is accumulated to your personal account out of which claims are
funded. A return is paid on the accumulated funds of the members account per annum. The member is
entitled to the balance of funds in his personal account upon termination.